“Welcome to the online home of Marketing Matters, a monthly series of articles sponsored by Network Veka, and featured in the leading trade journal Window Industries. You can view and print previous articles, and as the series progresses you'll have access here to a complete archive. If you have particular questions or issues in which you are interested then use the search facility here.”
John Ogilvie, Managing Director
LatestLook to the skies for new business opportunities
There has been a marked increase in companies proclaiming the impact the weather has on sales. Clothing chains in the US, including names such as Gap, are blaming unusually high Novermebr temperatures for slumps in sweater and coat sales. Wal-Mart is still experiencing the effects of Hurricane Katrina, which drove up sales in the South Eastern US as people restocked. Along with record downpours in November in parts of the Pacific North-West, the company's average 2.6% year-on-year increase in same store sales is almost respectable.
- Lend Me Your Ears
- The Smart Choice is Sponsorship
- Where have all the readers gone?
- Oh Burger where art thou?
- The question isÖ do you feel lucky?
- Sir Alan wrote the book on television advertising.
- The Power Of Six
- Too much choice can choke your business
- Spread the Word
- Making Words Work
- Watch out for Marketing Myopia
- Itís a beauty parade online
- Your biggest competitor - and how to defeat him
- Pointing your business in the right direction
- What colour icing would you like on your cake?
- The best investment Everest ever made
- Winning is Good for You
- Changing the goal posts
- Are you falling down on expectations?
- Are the five forces with you?
- It's all in the mind
- I just loved the erm, you know, the what'sit advert
- Without trust you can't even give it away
- Turn on and tune in to the radio revolution
- Try on your customers' shoes for size
- Marketing by numbers doesn't add up
- The softest sell
- A customer choice chain for every brand
- Think national - act local
- Wasting leads is wasting money
- Has your brand still got what it takes?
- How to keep your brand alive
- Marketing must be more than wishful thinking
- Is your brand living on borrowed time?
- New isn't always a turn on
- Planning to win
- Metcalfe's Law
- Walk the talk
- Going through the motions?
- USPs that stand the test of time
- The future's grey - but it's not cloudy
- What's in a label?
- A close fit
- The Art Of War
- Getting sand kicked in your face?
- Mine's a BMW, that's me
- Marketing Matters